Friday, May 6, 2011

Pale Moths in Game



While still not yet being able to work out a lot of the more technical related problems with my game project "Rednecks and Alien Zombies" I thought I would concentrate on the stuff I can at the moment like adding terrain detail. One thing I wanted was to give my landscape around Farmer Bob's homestead is some night life. I already had placed some fireflies in some trees using a particle system, but I wanted some butterflies fluttering about the grass and rocks. But butterflies sleep at night so I went with a "Pale Moth" which only comes out at night. So in Max 8 I made a low poly moth and animated it flying around in an irregular circle at 800 frames so it gives a nice illusion of some random fluttering about.

As you can see in the video I got caught by surprise by an Alien Zombie while checking out the pretty moths fluttering about lol

No comments:

Post a Comment